Cura and I have been together since 2009. We want to thank all of you who followed the early days as well as those who popped back on occasion during the long hiatus. Training was done, the days passed, and we were settling into our life together.
Fast forward: Cura is slowing down and a new member of the family is in training. On top of that, we are all busy with our new calling . . . Running the Training Department for Paws and Stripes. Join us on our journey!

Monday, October 13, 2014

Awww....and here he is!  Actually this is him when he was technically still a "foster".  He did not become mine officially until February 1, 2014.  That is when he got his new name.  

Keeping with the tradition, I drew from Scots Gaelic and named him Treun Bàn which translates to "Fair-haired Hero".  

The shelter listed him as a 2 year old Walker Coonhound/Retriever mix.  He was picked up as a stray so both age and breed are a wild guess.  Ultimately, I will get him genetically tested to get an idea of the breeds that make up my little Heinz 57.  But, for now, he is developing into quite the young dog.  Almost too smart for his own good and full of curiosity and energy.  Based on how much he has matured and grown/filled out since I got him, both my Veterinarian and I don't think he was two at the time -- maybe now . . . 

As you can see, He loves Cura.  You wouldn't know it from this picture, but Cura loves him, too.  I can't tell if Cura is barely tolerating having her picture taken, Treun getting in her face, or both in this shot.  Probably both!  

No comments: